Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G GT-P3100 Tips: Gaining root access and flashing custom recovery are two of the important issues to do in your Android gadget-if you wish to get the most out of it. Gaining root privileges allows you to customize and tweak your Android gadget, in addition to install special apps that require root access.ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery, a preferred custom recovery for Android, can also be used for creating backups of your ROMs, wiping data, and flashing ROMs to your Android gadget and is well known as your indispensable associate in your customization adventures.
When you’re on the lookout for a guide on tips on how to root and flash CWM Recovery to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100, look no further than our step-by-step information that can assist you out. Read on to learn how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery and gain root access in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100.
- Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100.
- There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only.
- We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Use these instructions at your own risk.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G GT-P3100
- A Windows PC
- Download and install the necessary USB drivers on your computer. You can get it by installing Samsung Kies on your computer. Make sure to close Samsung Kies before following the procedures below.
- Disable system tools such as anti-virus software, firewall program, and Samsung Kies to prevent any interruptions during the procedure.
- Enable USB debugging on your tablet.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 70% but we recommend a fully charged battery.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- For backup tips, check our guides on how to sync your data to the cloud and how to create local backups of your mobile data.
- Download the rooting package (cwm-root-gtab2.zip, 1.1 MB).
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery image (recovery.tar.md5, 5.3 MB) file.
- Download Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85_3.zip, 199 kB).
Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery
- Switch off your tablet.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up key (right key on the Volume rocker) and Power button. When a warning message appears, press the Volume Down key (left key on the Volume rocker) to continue into Download Mode.
- Extract Odin3-v1.85_3.zip to a folder on your computer.
- Click Odin3 v1.85.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
- Using your USB cable, connect your tablet to the computer. The word “Added” will appear on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have installed the necessary drivers on your computer.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and choose the recovery.tar.md5 file.
- NOTE: Do not make unnecessary changes in Odin except for the required file on the PDA Tab.
- Once ready, click Start in Odin to begin flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery to your tablet.
- After installation is complete, a box on the Odin window will turn green and your tablet will automatically reboot. You can now disconnect your phone from the computer.
If Odin fails or becomes unresponsive, do the following steps:
- Disconnect your tablet from the computer.
- Close Odin.
- Remove your tablet’s battery and re-insert it.
- Repeat the procedures above from step 2 onwards.
Flashing the Root Package
- Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip to the root of your tablet’s external SD card (/mnt/extSdCard). The /mnt/sdcard folder is the tablet’s internal memory and cannot be recognized in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Turn off your tablet and reboot it into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down key (left key on the Volume rocker) and Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button while keeping the Volume Down key pressed.
- NOTE: Once in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Choose the cwm-root-gtab2.zip and confirm the action to initiate the rooting process.
- Once complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your tablet.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G GT-P3100 has been successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery and rooted. You can now safely flash custom ROMs and make some customization and tweaks on your tablet